Where to Buy Snow Plows & Why It Matters
Whether you already run a solid snow removal business or you’re looking to get started, a solid plow is key to turning fresh snow into profit. So, if you’re in the market for a new plow, you’re probably wondering where to buy snow plows — and if where you buy them really matters. From years of supporting professionals and homeowners in the snow business, we often say that the best experiences happen with a reputable, professional upfitter / installer.
At TP Trailers & Truck Equipment, we’re one of the East Coast’s leading equipment dealers, specializing in snow plows, trailers, custom truck bodies, storage containers, and much more. In today’s blog, we’re highlighting where to buy snow plows and why that choice can make a huge difference in your return on investment.
5 Things to Look for in a Plow Store
We’ve seen plows for sale on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and even sitting in parking lots with “For Sale” signs pasted on them — but do you really want to buy any of those plows? Well, if you’re planning on getting years of use out of your plow, then probably not. Taking your business to the right plow store is the surest way to get the best plow for your money. Here’s what to look for:
- Leading Plow Brands in Stock — A clear sign of a dedicated snow plow store is the wide range of plows from the best snow plow brands. Trust a dealer that sells the high-quality name brand plows from companies you know earn good reviews from other plow drivers.
- Different Types of Plows — Once again, this comes down to looking for a dealer with a large inventory. A good plow store will have a large inventory of V-plows and straight plows as well as options for all different size trucks. Since you are buying new from a plow store, you can get the plow you want that is easy to operate — and matched well with your truck and the work you plan to do.
- Ability to Place an Order for You — Even with the largest sales lot in the world, the time will come where a plow store will need to place an order. TP Trailers has longstanding relationships with some of the leading manufacturers. In addition, any dealer worth your time will also be able to offer you other key snow removal equipment such as snow pushers and salt spreaders.
- Knowledgeable Sales Team — If you ask a reasonable question about a plow you’re thinking about buying, you deserve to get an answer on the spot. This is particularly important for first time plow operators who are still fairly new to the business. Our knowledgeable sales team has years of experience with this type of equipment — and we’re more than happy to help you find the right plow that fits your job needs, experience level, and budget.
For example, one of the most common questions we answer for plow customers is about deciding between v-plows vs. straight plows.
- On-Site Service Shop — This is really the TP Trailers plow store x-factor — and we’re willing to bet it’ll save you more time and money than any of these other benefits. In addition to our sales lot, we support plow operators with a custom fabrication and repair shop that stays open 24/7 during snow events. Having access to our service shop means that even if your plow gets damaged, we can get you back on the road to finish the job as soon as possible.
One of the most important capabilities of our service center is that we can custom fabricate hydraulic hoses on the spot for your plow. Since rupturing hydraulic hoses is one of the most common things that can go wrong, having a shop that can fix it on the spot is key to staying on the road and finishing the job.
Summer Plow Sale — Get the Year’s Best Prices
You don’t have to buy a plow from Craigslist or a random parking lot to get a great price. When you shop the TP Trailers & Truck Equipment summer sale, you can save hundreds of dollars, on average, compared to buying during the fall or winter. Our entire stock of brand new plows has pre-season pricing, and there is simply no better time to buy!
Where to Buy Snow Plows: From TP Trailers & Truck Equipment
The best answer for the question, “Where to buy snow plows?” is from a knowledgeable and reputable dealer like TP Trailers & Truck Equipment. Simply put, you’ll get a better selection of quality equipment, expert advice, and the support of a full-service equipment shop.
Consider this an investment into your plowing business that will pay you back with years of solid performance out in the elements. Reach out to our experienced team today to get more information and to get pricing!