Benefits of Fiberglass Truck Bodies
One of the first big choices you need to make, about the new service body that you’ll rely on for years, is the material it is made of. Steel, aluminum and fiberglass are all solid choices — and we can supply all of them. In today’s blog, we’re highlighting the benefits of fiberglass truck bodies and what makes them a strong choice for professionals in countless fields.
At TP Trailers & Truck Equipment, we sell a wide range of truck body systems including service and utility bodies, dump bodies, hook lift bodies, and many more. In addition to providing the truck upfitting that professionals need, our team also provides the key information you need to make the best decisions for your business. Learn more about the advantages of a fiberglass truck body — or reach out to our sales team to get prices today!
6 Reasons to Choose a Fiberglass Service Body
Built strong, yet lightweight, a fiberglass service body becomes the right choice for many practical reasons. Here’s what manufacturers report — and what we tell customers — they should experience owning a fiberglass body:
- Better Fuel Efficiency — Brand FX, our preferred manufacturer of fiberglass service bodies, estimates their products are approximately 60% lighter than traditional service bodies. That lighter weight translates into real fuel savings over time.
- Less Wear on Brakes and Suspension — While you’re expecting to see savings at the pump, you might not know about this benefit. Since the body is lighter, it means less stress on the brakes and suspension system in your truck. This can potentially prevent or delay the need for costly maintenance.
Learn more about TP’s commercial truck service department.
- Bigger Pay Load — A fiberglass service body can also help make your work more convenient, too. Since the service body is lighter, you can have more of your truck’s power dedicated to hauling a heavier payload. This can mean the difference between making one trip or two trips.
- Corrosion Resistant — The corrosion and oxidation that can destroy other materials just isn’t a factor with any fiberglass truck body; a primary reason fiberglass bodies last so long.
- Body Maintains Its Appearance — The ultra-tough fiberglass material also stands up to the dents and other surface damage that come from working hard. This means your truck body continues to look professional even after you’ve owned it for a long time.
- Lifespan is Longer — Since you’re researching a new truck body, you know it is a serious investment. That’s why a very long lifespan is a key point almost everyone is looking for. Brand FX states that their fiberglass service bodies offer 20 years of reliable performance — day after day!
Check out our portfolio of custom truck upfitting work.
Brand FX: Our Recommended Manufacturer
If you’re looking for a fiberglass service body that offers all of these advantages and more, you want Brand FX. At TP Trailers & Truck Equipment, we’ve looked at countless different manufacturers, and Brand FX earned our confidence.
A USA-based company, Brand FX has been in business for more than 30 years and has been continually refining and improving their top-of-the-line equipment. BrandFX is a solidly built fiberglass body that exceeds our expectations and we are proud to include them in the TP family of manufacturers.
Get Your Fiberglass Truck Body Quote
If you’re ready to take the next step and get pricing on a fiberglass truck body, our team is here to help. Not only will we give you a competitive price on installation, but we can provide you any of the additional information you may need, too. However, if you want to expand your search, TP Trailers & Truck Equipment also has great options for both aluminum and steel bodies as well.
Reach out today for more information — and to get your quote!